Who we are
During these unprecedented times the South Tyneside Training Provider Network are working hard to support the local community. Our partners have adapted their delivery and are continuing to support, recruit and offer training and employment opportunities to clients by phone and online.
The South Tyneside Training Provider Network (STTPN) is the network of training providers serving the population of South Tyneside. It was established in 2015 and consists of over 20 training providers and a range of organisations that support learners.
We are a not for profit network that supplies a large proportion of all post 16 training in the borough. Our members deliver apprenticeships and work based training to young and old.
This site is for members to keep up to date with network activities and to communicate with each other, for employers to research and partner up with training suppliers and for career professionals to find quality post 16 course offers and apprenticeships for their learners.
What we do
The main aims of STTPN are
- The South Tyneside Training Provider Network (STTPN) will work to enhance the quality and promotion of employability and vocational learning (work based learning) throughout South Tyneside, represent and promote the joint interests of its membership, work to secure effective lifelong learning provision and to support learners in South Tyneside
- To represent and present the collective views of members to such bodies as deemed appropriate
- To provide a forum in which local providers can take an active part in influencing the development of policy
- To work with stakeholders in South Tyneside to increase the profile of WBL through attendance at meetings and working with decision makers to influence policy
In summary, we are a group of organisations who collaborate together to promote training as a positive post-16 option and to continuously improve the quality of training provided.
As a network, we meet seven times a year to discuss a range of relevant issues, share good practice and organise activities promoting training in the area.
Why should you join?
STTPN is a group based learning providers, working together to secure effective provision and support for learners in the area. We provide a forum in which our members can take an active part in influencing the development of local policy by working with other stakeholders in partnership to promote learning and share good practice.
- Regular and scheduled meetings that provide a forum for training provider views and issues
- Close collaboration with organisations supporting learners, including SEND (e.g. Connexions, Local Authority Business, Enterprise & Skills, Job Centre Plus, National Careers Service)
- Contact with local and national training and education organisations
- Training provider support from the network on a range of practical issues
- Opportunities to engage in a wide range of activities that promote training.
- Very close relationships with schools, enabling the STTPN to positively influence their CEIAG programmes.